Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Africa is my home.

I woke up at 6 am here, which is 12 am in America, well Florida and 11 pm for Wade haha. So I thankfully got to take a couple minutes and write some people and return messages I had received. Skipped breakfast and headed for town; town isn’t really scary itself just many of the people seem to stare at me in not the nicest way ahah. After walking to the McDonalds I decided it was time to take a crack at my mission. I had a goal of getting to the mountains; the ones you can see in the photos I have posted on facebook. So I left home at around 9 am here once I got done walking downtown. It seemed like I was walking forever and REALLY seemed like I would be needed new shoes soon! As I was walking I took some pretty sweet photos that I will post on Facebook soon. Walking uphill for about 2 hours is not the most fun thing I have done since I got here. But, I made it. It hurt, it was not so fun but I really needed to do it. I’m practically the poster child for starting a project and giving up, or diet or sport; anything with commitment perhaps haha. But I am seeing that God really helps us, like whether it is this cool 12 km walk I went on today, or the fact that I’m in AFRICA taking the 12 km walk!
We all know there is no way that any of this could have been brought together with just me. Considering my never ceasing procrastination or my eagerness to sometimes not do my best just to finish of job, God came through even during my short comings. It’s crazy how a walk up a mountain opens so many other thoughts in your mind. I’m still bored though, it’s not fun having no one to talk to… some more class mates arrived today. No other guys yet, which worries me. I don’t want to be stuck around a bunch of ladies, don’t get me wrong, I am a sexy man of God!
(Shout out to Kev and Justin haha)But hey, I need other conversation. Anyways I do only have one more day of absolute South African freedom, but it’s hard to know what to do when in a totally new land. Considering I’ve been downtown so much I could make a diagram of it with my eyes closed.
Anyways hope all is well with everyone back in the homeland,
Love you guys.

Courtland Cory.

P.S. if you don’t listen to NEEDTOBREATHE and if you do,
take a lil listen to the song
“Let us love”

“Let us Love like we were children”
That line is so good to me right now,
I want to be able to do just that,

3 comments:

laysho3 said...

Hello! I am so glad you got there safe and sound. Mom has been updating me over the last few days because I locked myself out of my computer.I forgot my administer password so I can only get on here at night when its the girls turn to log on .I am going to your facebook next so I can look at the pics. I hope that you had a good day and I will be checking on ya. Love ya!

mom said...

Courtland, it was really great to hear your voice this morning. I'm glad to hear some of the other students are there now. I haven't gotten to look at the pictures yet , you know me & the computer. I still can't believe you're in Africa. I'm excited for you, a little nervous for you & just a lot of mixed feelings. Just please try to stay safe & stay around people you know. I hope you went an got yourself a pair of shoes today. When are they moving you into where you're going to be living ? If we buy an international phone card you can use that right ? Well I'm headed to bed so I'll drop you a note again tomorrow night. Remember be careful & I love you. Can't wait to hear some more stories from you. Make sure you're eating also. Good night. Mom xoxox

Superhero Mom said...

Courtland...just wanted you to know that the Engels are praying for you. I have so many friends that have worked so closely with YWAM and I'm so excited for the journey that God has set before you! Know this...the Lord lead Abraham, one of many before you, into a land unknown, but this has always been true...He HAS LEAD them indeed and has done great and wonderful things through these men! So blessed to be apart of your journey...thanks for taking the time to write it all down!